Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Madness and Mayhem OR A Weekend of Rugby

This weekend was the Old Goat Alumni Rugby Tournament where the current boys team plays the alum boys and the alums *try* to trounce the younger men... The weekend was a little slice of bliss for me seeing as I stayed in an incredible old B&B and reconnected with so many old friends.  By the end of the weekend, there were so many old friendships rekindled and new ones forged, that I'm reminded of why I joined rugby in the first place.  Part of why I joined was because of Cass, part because I wanted to prove I wouldn't get broken, and part because I knew that the community that Rugby builds is a community for life, much better than any greek system....

Having said that I also realized that I've let some of my dreams slip by the wayside and I've promised myself that I will pursue as many as I possibly can regardless of how scary they might be.  I have that job interview tomorrow, which I'm very excited for.   I don't know what will happen, but I've got my fingers crossed and hope that I get somewhere with it.  I still haven't heard from any school other than UMass, so I'm beginning to plan for my eventual move there.  I'm wondering if I shouldn't try to work something out with UMass if I get this job since I think the job will be incredible.  I'm stuck because on one hand I have family telling me to follow my dreams and we'll make things work out however we can.  On the other I have friends telling me I shouldn't be approaching more schooling without a financial bent to my planning.

My next project is to try to figure out funding, oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment