Sunday, May 1, 2011

Tomatoes, Hot Dogs, & Shooting Stars

The last two weeks have been incredible.  I've fallen into step with my new job both being glued to a computer and playing on the job-site for the project I've been working the most on.  Visiting the job-site means trekking up to Corning, inc.'s Sullivan Park complex up on a hill.  The complex (which is huge by the way), backs onto a HUGE amount of acreage covered in trees.  I was able to take a great hike on paths half decimated by the crazy amount of rain we've had, as well as tramping through the woods with no path to follow.  The birds and other animals were out in force and I could almost swear it sounded like there were Velociraptors among them!

I've been working on the makings of a summer garden, which mostly includes starting tomatoes from seed!  I've got several seedlings that will be separated into their own styrofoam cups tomorrow so they don't get too crowded.  I also need to start new sage since mine really didn't like winter...  I'm still debating (on the side of 'go for it!' ) about buying a blackcurrant bush.  I love blackcurrant tea which can be made from the leaves and I can only imagine they taste amazing though I've only had red currants.

This weekend was also the opening weekend for the campground at which Jake's mom has a camper.  She and the rest of her household (minus Indy) are spending the night.  We went over to join them for dinner which was campfire-cooked hotdogs and s'mores for dessert.  While we were gabbing around the fire after dinner, I caught a shooting star dash across the sky... Haven't seen one of those in years.

No comments:

Post a Comment