Sunday, November 13, 2011

Yarn and things

I've been very "knit-happy" recently, and finally made some progress!  I managed to spin, skein and wash my first ever hank of handspun wool!  I'm in love with it and believe it wants to be a cozy, lacy hat!

I'm very excited to see how the project turns out, though I'm worried that I won't have enough yarn to make the piece.  I may have to try to make more...


First skein!


I've continued to spin, and been successful at a skinnier "single", though I have yet to skein and wash it.  I have managed to finish a few scarves to sell at a local boutique here in Corning.  Hopefully the sales go better than last year.  I'm not sure that any of my handspun will be sold yet, though I do know that the price of those will be much much higher than that of pieces made with acrylic.  Not astronomical, but if I'm using handspun, I think they're worth more!



These are the beginning of my collection, each one done in a different style.  I'm excited about them, and hopefully they sell!




No comments:

Post a Comment